It’s at this time of year that the root vegetable harvesting really comes into it’s own. This recipe is an old family favourite that appeals to youngster and elders alike. If you don’t Grow Your Own yet, why not start. Vegetable taste so much better when they are eaten straight from the plot and there’s no transport involved either, so that’s better for the environment!!
There is no satisfaction that quite compares to being able to eat what you grow, and for all your Grow Your Own Needs check our range of products at Recycleworks.co.uk. There is everything from raised beds, tools, cold frames, compost bins, and wildlife goodies….
Selection of root vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, swede, turnip, red onion etc
1 clove of garlic
Freshly ground salt and pepper
Sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Peel all the vegetables and garlic
- Chop vegetables into chunks and crush the garlic
- Mix the rosemary, olive oil and garlic together
- Pour over the vegetables and mix well
- Leave for a while for oil to soak into the vegetables
- Put into a roasting dish and roast for 45 mins at 200 C