We always love to find recipes that are full of seasonal ingredients and this one is perfect. So if you still have your harvest of carrots, parsnips and garlic give this carrot and root vegetable gratin a go.
…Fruit and vegetables taste best when they are at their freshest – straight from the plot to the plate. So if you want to grow your own vegetables visit www.recycleworks.co.uk for all your gardening needs.
- Preheat the oven to around 170 C
- Grease a shallow ovenproof dish.
- Layer the slices of potatoes and parsnip in the bottom of the dish with two of the sliced garlic cloves and sprinkle over a little salt and half the rosemary.
- Pour the cream and milk into a large saucepan, add the rest of the rosemary and garlic, the carrots and a little seasoning. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat down and simmer for a few minutes.
- Pour the carrots and cream over the other vegetables, and spread the carrots out. Sprinkle over the parmesan, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove the foil and bake a further 20 minutes until golden brown.
This is totally delicious alongside a meat dish or as a vegetarian meal eaten on its own.