There are lots of wonderful gifts and flowers in the shops for Mother’s Day but you can’t beat a home-made present that is made with love and especially one which is as delicious as this …
Lemon Curd Cake
- 4 eggs
- 225g Caster Sugar
- 225g Self-Raising Flour
- 225g Margarine/Butter
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- Finely grated zest of one Lemon
- Lemon Curd
- 50g Icing Sugar
- Lemon Juice to combine
What you need to do
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/Gas 4.
- Lightly grease and line with greaseproof paper two 20cm round or square cake tins.
- Beat the Margarine/Butter in a bowl with the Caster sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs with the sifted Self Raising Flour/Baking Powder and mix well.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the two tins and level the tops.
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until golden brown and springly to the touch.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To finish spread a layer of Lemon Curd over one of the cakes and the lemon icing on the top of the other then sandwich both together.
Happy Mother’s Day