We are still enjoying a steady supply of mushrooms from our Mushroom Growing Kit, and as promised this week we have one of our favourite yummy mushroom recipes for you. My children love this recipe, which is always a good sign, and it’s ready in around 20 minutes!
Garlic & Mushroom Pasta
Knob of butter
1½lb mushrooms, thickly sliced
1 medium onion peeled and chopped finely
Dash of lemon juice
3 garlic cloves, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper
Grated parmesan cheese
1. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onions and cook until soft.
2. Add the mushrooms, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Meanwhile bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook for 10-12 minutes.
3. To the pan of mushrooms and onions, add the lemon juice and garlic, cover and cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Add around 5 tablespoons of cream and heat through.
4. Drain the pasta well and toss in the sauce. Add more cream if necessary. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on the top and serve.
For a healthier option try substituting some of the cream for creme fraiche. This dish is nice with a side dish of crispy salad leaves.